SSC CHSL 2019 – Staff Selection Commission, the government recruiting organization for various posts in India. SSC Recruitment Board has invited online applications for filling various vacancies for various posts under SSC CHSL. Interested and qualified aspirants can apply for SSC CHSL Jobs 2019 from the link provided. Hence ensure the eligibility criteria before the application process. The details on the eligibility criteria, application procedure, and others are below. The application-cum-registration process towards the same starts from March 05, 2019 and closes on April 05, 2019.
SSC CHSL Notification 2019
SSC CHSL Exam Notification is out!!! Staff Selection Commission is now conducting Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Examination every year for recruiting the aspirants for Lower Divisional Clerk / Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, and Data Entry Operator post Vacancies. The SSC CHSL 2019 Notification has been released on 05th March 2019. Candidates can apply for the same recruitment from 05.03.2019 to 05.04.2019. Herewith we have given detailed SSC CHSL 2019 Recruitment Procedures, Age Limit, Educational Qualification, Salary, and Scheme of the Examination.
|Name of the Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of the Posts offered||Lower Division Clerk / Junior Scretriate Assistant, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant and Data Entry Operator|
|No. of Vacancies||Releases soon|
|SSC CHSL Online Application Start Date||05th March 2019|
|Online Application Closes on||05th April 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier I Exam Date||01/07/2019 to 26/07/2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier II Exam Date||29/09/2019|
|Examination Level||National Exam|
|SSC CHSL Help Desk||011-24368090|
SSC CHSL 2019 Vacancy
Vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancy position will be uploaded on the website of the Commission from time to time (https://ssc.nic.in- >Candidate‟s Corner-> Tentative Vacancy).
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should satisfy the following eligibility criteria to apply for the recruitment. The application will be quashed even if single eligibility is not met.
SSC CHSL – Age Limit
The candidates should be not more than the following age limit in order to apply for the SSC CHSL job post.
- Minimum: 18 years
- Maximum: 27 years
|OBC (N0n-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Defence service personnel disabled in operation||3 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period of 1/1/1980 to 31/12/1989||5 years|
SSC CHSL – Educational Qualification
Individuals with the following qualification are eligible to apply for the recruitment process.
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): 12th Standard or its equivalent.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject.
SSC CHSL – Payscale
Once the candidate is selected for the posts announced by the CHSL they will receive the monthly emoluments as follows
|Name of the Post||Pay Band||Grade Pay|
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC) / Junior Secretariate Assistant (JSA)||Rs. 5,200/- to Rs. 20,200 /-||Rs. 1,900/-|
|Postal Assistant (PA) / Sorting Assistant (SA), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Data Entry Operator, Grade ‘A’||Rs. 5,200/- to Rs. 20,200 /-||Rs. 2,400/-|
Application Fees – SSC CHSL
Individuals have to pay the application fee to process their application for SSC CHSL Careers
- For GEN/EWS/OBC Candidates – Rs. 100/-
- For SC/ST/Women/ExServicemen/PwD Candidates – NIL.
SSC CHSL Selection Process
Applicants have to undergo the selection criteria set by the authorities. There are three stages of selection process where the candidates have to clear each stage to move on to the next stages.
- Computer Based Test
- Descriptive Paper Test
- Typing Test/ Skill Test
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL 2019 – Computer Based Test
|Name of the Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50||60 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
- Each wrong answer carries 0.5 negative mark.
- Objective type questions
SSC CHSL 2019 – Descriptive Paper
|Essay||200 to 250 words||100||60 Minutes|
|Letter/ Application||150 to 200 words|
SSC CHSL 2019 – Typing Test/ Skill Test
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Skill Test is mandatory for Data Entry Operators.
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer
- For the post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): The speed of 15000 key depressions per hour.
- For the post of LDC/ JSA, PA/SA: Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m.) and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute (w.p.m.). 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. correspond to about 10500 key depressions per hour and about 9000 key depressions per hour.
SSC CHSL Syllabus
Tier I – Computer Based Test
- English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
- General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures
and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2 𝜃 + Cos2 𝜃=1 etc.,
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
- General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
How to Apply – SSC CHSL 2019
SSC has released SSC CHSL Exam notification on 05.03.2019, SSC CHSL Exam Online registration has started on 05.03.2019. Candidates can apply online for the same from 05th March 2019 to 05th April 2019.
- Visit the SSC website and read the instructions carefully.
- Further, from the SSC Official page, Click the respective link which is enabling for SSC CHSL Online Apply.
- Click on the New Registration, furnish your name, date of birth, email id and password and complete the registration process.
- The registration id and the password will be sent to the registered mobile number and the email.
- Now, proceed with the personal details like Age, qualification and upload your photograph, signature in the appropriate size.
- Then, check all the details which you have to enter into SSC CHSL Application and click the submit button.
- After that, pay the SSC CHSL Application fee of Rs.100 through online mode or offline mode.
- Finally, after successfully applying for SSC CHSL Exam 2019 print your application for further reference.
Important Dates – SSC CHSL
|Online Application Start date||05/03/2019|
|Application Closes On||05/04/2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier-I Exam||01/07/2019 to 26/07/2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam||29/09/2019|