Railway Group D Recruitment: The Railway Recruitment Cell RRC has released the notification for 1,03,739 vacancies. Railway Group D invites online application only from the eligible candidates. Aspirants satisfying the RRC Group D has the eligibility criteria based on the educational qualification and the age limit can apply. There is a processing fee for Railway Group D which is refundable under conditions. The Notification PDF, selection process, Applying method, and other details are provided below. The online examination will be conducted for the screening process in Railway Group D. Apply for the desired RRC Group D before the last date April 12,2019.
Indian Railway RRC Group D 2019
|Name of the Organization||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Job Role||Group D|
|Job Location||Across India|
|No. of Vacancies||1,03,739|
|Application Start Date||March 12, 2019|
|Last Date||April 12, 2019|
RRC Group D | Railway Group D Vacancy Details
The overall vacancy list among the railway zones is updated in the following content. For the complete vacancy list of RRB Group D visit the official websites.
|RRC Railways||No. of Vacancy|
|North Central Railway – Allahabad||4730|
|Northern Railway – New Delhi||13513|
|North Eastern Railway – Gorakhpur||4002|
|North Western Railway – Jaipur||5249|
|West Central Railway – Jabalpur||4019|
|Western Railway – Mumbai||10734|
|Central Railway – Mumbai||9345|
|South Eastern Railway – Kolkata||4914|
|Eastern Railway – Kolkata||10873|
|South East Central Railway – Bilaspur||1664|
|South Western Railway – Hubli||7167|
|Southern Railway – Chennai||9579|
|South Central Railway – Secundrabad||9328|
|North East Frontier Railway – Guwahati||2894|
|East Central Railway – Hajipur||3563|
|East Coast Railway – Bhubaneswar||2555|
Railway Group D Recruitment 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
Individuals should satisfy the eligibility criteria of educational qualification and age limit to apply for the Railway Group D posts. The application will be quashed if the eligibility is not met by the candidates.
Educational Qualification for Railway Group D:
- 10th Pass from recognized Board/NCVT/SCVT as on the closing date.
- Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational/technical qualification SHOULD NOT apply.
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering will not be accepted in lieu, of Course, completed Act Apprenticeship /ITI.
- Also, Graduate Act Apprentice will not be accepted in lieu of Course Completed Act Apprenticeship.
Age Limit for Railway Group D:
- Minimum – 18 years
- Maximum – 33 years
Application Fee for Railway Group D:
- Rs. 500/- for the General and OBC Category candidates.
- Rs. 250/- for the SC / ST / Ex-Servicemen / women candidates.
Railway Group D – Mode of Payment:
- ONLINE fee payment through internet banking or debit/credit card or UPI.
- OFFLINE fee payment through
- SBI Challan Payment mode in any branch of SBI.
- Post Office Challan Payment mode in any branch of Computerized Post Office.
- Once they appear for the Stage-I Examination Rs. 400/- is refunded to the General and OBC category candidates.
- And the full application fee is refunded to the other aspirants.
Pay Scale for Railway Group D:
Individuals receiving employment under Railway Group D will be receiving emoluments on a monthly basis
- Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix.
Selection procedure for Railway Group D:
Individuals must undergo the screening process as mentioned below for the Railway Group D and should satisfy the selection process.
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
- Medical Test
Railway Group D for Exam Pattern:
Computer Based Test
|Name of the Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Science||25||25||90 Mins|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||30||30|
|General Awareness & Current Affairs||20||20|
Railway Group D Syllabus – CBT
|Name of the Subject||Syllabus|
|Mathematics||Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.|
|General Intelligence and reasoning||Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.|
|General Science||The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th standard level (CBSE).|
|General Awareness on current affairs||Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subject of importance.|
Physical Efficiency Test
|Male Candidate||Female Candidate|
Should be able to lift and carry 35 Kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down ; and
Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance.
|Should be able to lift and carry 20 Kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2
minutes in one chance without putting the weight down; andShould be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance
- Proof of Age
- NCVT(NTC/NAC) / SCVT Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Photocopy of Adhaar Card
- No Objection Certificate from the current employer
- J & K Domicile Certificate – If required
Railway Group D – How to Apply Online:
- Visit the Official Website
- Click the “Apply online” link.
- Fill in all valid credentials of bio-data and the educational details.
- Scan and upload the recent passport size color photograph and signature.
- Photograph of size 35mmX45mm with name and date printed on it.
- It should be in JPG/JPEG format scanned with 100 DPI.
- The size of the photograph should be between 20-50 KB.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST have to upload a scanned copy of their SC/ST certificates (JPG/JPEG format, 50kb – 100kb) also for availing the facility of free travel authority (Second Class Railway Pass).
- The Registration number, Selected RRB, email id and mobile number cannot be changed.
- Login using Registration Number and Password.
- Pay the application fee.
- Once the application process is done, take the printout of the application for future use.
Railway Group D – Important Dates
|Opening of online registration of Applications||12.03.2019|
|Closing of online registration of Applications||12.04.2019|
|Online (Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card/UPI)||23.04.2019|
|SBI Challan, Post Office Challan||18.04.2019|
|Computer Based Test (CBT)||September-October 2019|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
RRC Railway Group D – Click here for Official Notification
Note: SarkarPoint publishes the latest government notifications on the right time with detailed and essential eligibility criteria. Keep track on us, never miss any important notifications from RRB Group D 2019.