How to apply for a passport online – A Passport is an essential document issued by the government of that particular country. There are many sites available that may mislead to wrong landing. Apply for a passport or renew your passport only through the official Passport Seva Kendra. We take it seriously to guide our citizens in the right direction. In this article, we will guide you to apply for a passport online from the official website.
How to apply for a passport online?
- Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal, Click on “New User Registration” link on the Home Page.
- Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered Login Id.
- Click “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport” link.
- Fill in the required details in the form and submit.
- Click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen to schedule an appointment.
Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at all PSK/POPSK/PO.
Online Payment can be made using any one of the following modes:
- Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) Associate Banks and Other Banks)
- SBI Bank Challan
- Click the “Print Application Receipt” link to print the application receipt containing Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number.
Note: Carrying printout of Application Receipt is no longer required. An SMS with your appointment details is also accepted as proof of appointment during your visit to the Passport Office.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO) where the appointment has been booked, along with original documents.
Here is the list of documents that have to be submitted in order to avail a passport
Required Documents for a Fresh Passport
- Address proof – the documents that can be submitted as address proof for Passport.
- Voter ID with present address
- Aadhaar card
- Telephone bill with current address
- Gas connection
- Bank passbook
- Rental agreement (If staying in a rented house)
- Income Tax Assessment order
- Water bill or Electricity bill with current address
- Certificate from employer on the letterhead with a seal and signature
- Passport of the spouse
- Parents’ passport
- Age proof – the documents that can be submitted as age proof for passport
- Birth certificate issued by the municipal authority or some other authorized office
- Certificate sworn before a magistrate
Required Documents for a Minor Passport
- Current address proof in the name of the parent(s)
- Original and self-attested copies of the parents’ passport
- Documents of the minor will have to be attested by parents.
- Until the minor is 18 years old, he/she will be eligible for Non-ECR passport wherein Emigration check is not required.
- A Declaration confirming the details mentioned in the application about the minor applicant as per Annexure ‘D’.
Required Documents for a Diplomatic Passport
- A valid identity card of the applicant or that of the Head of Office
- A certificate that has been issued by the Head of Office
- An Official Request Letter from the Forwarding Officer
- PMO or Political Clearance Certificate, if needed.